



Okay - for some reason the internet here just kicked me off as I was finishing this post...of course! So here is the abrievated version!
Saturday Lyn and I surprised our mothers by meeting them at the Train Station when they arrived in Berlin. We had lunch then toured Berlin that afternoon and met John for dinner that night - where we ALL ordered the same thing - Wienershnizel (Veal) yummm!
Sunday we split up that morning. I toured the Memorial to the Murdered European Jews behind our hotel - very well done! Very sad as well!
Sunday afternoon a group of 7 of us along with our tour guide Sonya visited Potsdam...What a neat place! We had lunch then toured the grounds of Prusian palaces...really beautiful. We ended the trip at the place where the Potsdam conference was held. Above you will see a picture of us standing where the famous picture of Truman, Stalin and Attler (sp??) sat after signing the Potsdam Treaty.... We also saw the table where the big 3 - Truman, Stalin and Churchill discussed and signed the treaty. All of the history was just amazing.... Dad you would love Berlin and Germany! I wish you were here too!
We returned to Berlin and the 4 of us went to the Jewish Muesum then met John for dinner - Pizza...just what we were all craving!
We all said good night to Berlin and the Brandenburg gate for our last night in Berlin.
As for the weather - It really became quite cool and brisk our last few days - Enough where I bought a warmer coat to wear!
Off to Greece!

1 comment:
German Baby Cow!
Post a Comment