




Thursday afternoon we had a bus tour of Berlin. I have to admit that I was exhausted and dosed off a couple of time...even though it was very interesting. I guess the lack of sleep is catching up with me!
The first picture above was taken out of the window of our hotel where we had lunch for the group. You can see the Brandonberg Gate on the right and the new U.S. Embassy on the left with the American flag at half mast in remembrance of 9-11.
On the tour our first stop was Checkpoint Charlie. It just happened that we were that right before 3 p.m. Berlin time which was the time the towers in NYC were hit - so they were having a special service....perfect timing! You will see in a couple of the pictures above.
Our other stop was the Berlin Wall or what remains of it....also pictured above. The history here is just amazing!
Last night we had a reception at the U.S. Embassy with our Ambassador to Germany. The Embassy just re-opened July 4 on the grounds where it stood before WWII. We were the first group to be hosted for a reception .... very neat! The views from the roof top garden were amazing - You could almost reach out and touch the gate and the Reichstag (German Parliament building...equivalent to our capital). It was even more special spending Sept 11th there. Just amazing!
A few of us went to dinner afterwards and sat at the table next to Lional Richie and a big group with him celebrating someones birthday. We also saw him later in our hotel where he is apparently on the same floor that I'm on.... We had seen all of these hotel people earlier on the floor obviously waiting on a VIP - and I guess that is who it was. Well then today as I was running around wrapping things up - I was on our floor waiting for the elevator to go down - and this guy said hello when I walked up. I thought he too was waiting for the lift, but after a brief conversation it ends up that he is Lional's manager and I guess was waiting for him.....He gave me his card and told me to call him tonight if we go out after dinner....we will see.............
Well, I must go for now - my cousin Lyn should be arriving anytime now. We have our farewell dinner at the Reichstag tonight which I'm very much looking forward to!

4 comments:
Great job with your blogging Blewett. Keep it up! I know you must be exhausted. It sounds like you are having an amazing time. Miss you. Thanks for keeping in touch. Love, Lisa
Blewett,
Sounds like you are having a great trip. Call me or Dad about instructions on Greece.
Floyd,
Hey,
It looks like you are having an amazing trip. I can't wait to read your blogs from this day forward. ENTERTAIN ME!! Love all of you guys!
Allison
So...your waiting on the elevator and some guy says:
"Hello!
Is it me you're looking for?
Becuase I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely?
Or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying I love you
Want to go out after dinner?"
I hope that you met him later. Can't wait to hear what other Lionel lyrics he uses to pick up women.
Moss
Post a Comment